Friday, July 11, 2008

Good news and good news, I think...

I completed my sleep study Wednesday night and the results are that I do not have sleep apnea. The other news is good in a way and not so good in a way. I now have to sleep with oxygen every night. I have a machine by my bed that makes its own oxygen and furnishes me with 2 liters of O2 via nasal cannula all night long as I sleep. It seems that my O2 saturation (that should be near 100%) goes down to 85 and less % when I fall asleep. That is not considered acceptable so now I am on O2 at night. I can live with that (no pun intended) preferable to a CPAP machine for sleep apnea that involves wearing a mask every time one sleeps and is much more cumbersome to deal with than simple O2.
On a much happier note, we are busy preparing for the arrival of family next Thursday. Will be so glad when they arrive. They have not seen our house ince it was finished and lived in. We should be able to get in a few good games of Qwrikle and Blokus while they are here. Wayne and I play Qwirkle over breakfast daily. We really enjoy it.

1 comment:

Mary said...

Yes, oxygen is preferable to CPAP. I hopw you will be able to sleep and feel more rested in the morning from now on. Love you, Mary