Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Twas Three Days Before Christmas


Twas three days before Christmas when all through the house,
Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse,

The doggies were outside enjoying the cold,
While I alone was within, trying not to feel old,

When out on the lawn there arose such a chatter,
Of doggies barking intensely, oh my, what was the matter?

When what to my wondering eyes should appear,
Not a miniature sleigh nor eight tiny reindeer,

As I peered out my window, such a sight to behold,
Was a strange looking creature standing so bold,

By my deck he was starring not uttering a sound,
Looking toward my back door, hummm, what had he found?

Where were my doggies? I thought with distress,
They had now stopped barking, oh, I was a mess,

As I opened my door my doggies burst through,
They rushed right past me, well, wouldn’t you?

This creature just stood there in his brown and white coat,
With thick horns on his head, why, he was a goat,

I ran for my camera to get a quick shot,
But when I returned, the goat he was not,

So I opened the door in hopes I could see
Where he had run to, where could he be?

Oops, there was the goat right up on my deck
I shuttered then said, oh, what the heck?


So I grabbed two quick pics before he hurried away,


And so I exclaimed as he walked out of sight,
He’s just Richard’s pet goat, so no need for freight.

6 comments:

Bonnie and John said...

love the poem! what a cute goat, I think I need one of those!

OILMAN said...

The Billy Goat is actually a first cousin of Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer. He is slated to get harnessed up and help Santa on Christmas Eve when he makes his rounds on Glade Mountain. If you detect a powererful whiff of ripe goat you will know that he has been to your home....

Mary said...

I absolutely LOVE the poem. You are soooo talented. That really was a big goat. I am glad he didn't make an appearance while I was there, I wouldn't have known what to do. Love you.

princesspeace said...

i love the poem. it was so funny!!!!!!!!!!!!! love you

Wayne said...

Very nice! A Christmas goat. Weird!

Lynn said...

I love weird surprising things don't you?