Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Pondering in my heart

How can it be said that one "feels your pain" when this statement is made? Well, if it is your child, I think the bond between parents and their children creates this. Nothing makes me any sadder than when I feel the pain or stress that I know any one or more of my children are suffering. As a parent, I think we must just feel so guilty that we cannot make it go away just like when your children are/were little and get a skinned knee. We did make that pain "better," so to speak by tending to it. That's physical pain and much of the pain we are all having today is psychological pain or stresses.... Much harder to "make it all better." Feelings of helplessness abound from both sides. Love keeps us strong and helps us to carry on. What else can I say? I love them so much, it hurts!

3 comments:

Wayne said...

I think the best you can do is try to be a rock. What I mean by that is try to be that stable guiding source of love that they can always come back to, lean on, cry on, or whatever they need. Therefore, we have to resist the pull to fall to pieces with them, because then the stability isn't there. It requires an emotional fortitude that can be challenging. I'm thinking more of my own relationship with my kids, but I figure it will probably apply to when they're adults as well.

Mary said...

I couldn't agree more Little Bro. We all need our rocks in life, being the rock is hard, but sometimes necessary. So, Mom, whether you are my rock or my bowl of jello...I love you endlessly.

Lynn said...

Jello mmmmmm.
Much better than a rock.