Sunday, June 28, 2009

It's Only Been Two Years

A couple of years ago, my daughter, Mary, asked me to take some special fabric she had and make her a scrub top. I agreed but since we were just before moving into our new home, and all that goes with that, I knew that if I didn't get it finished before the move, it would be lost from me for quite a while. Recently, I got a sewing bug when I was asked to split five table cloths in half for the Baha'i Center and stitch up the raw side to create ten table cloths. I came across the scrub top fabric and guiltily decided it was past tiem to get it done! Well, now I remember what my delay was in finishing the top in 2007. I couldn't figure out how to do the V neck. Now some might say what's the big deal but I had never sewed one before and the directions were very vague and unclear so I struggled then laid it aside until after the move. Today, was the time to deal with it. Wayne found a nice web site but its directions were no better than the ones I had. So after messing with it long enough, I finally got it done! Then I took a pic for all to see... especially Mary.

6 comments:

Wayne said...

Looks nice. Is it a v-neck on both sides? I think I bought this fabric in Gainesville and brought it up, right?
-Cristina

Mary said...

Looking good Mom. Can't wait for the finished product.

Bonnie and John said...

most beautimus!!!!!
I'm sure you are both glad it is finished.....

Lynn said...

Glad your brain figured it out. A practical use for your brain rather than sudoku puzzles. Looks great!

Fran said...

Yes, Cris, I believe Mary did tell me she got this fabric from you. What everybody is seeing is simply the front of the "top" I still have to work up the back (facing, etc.)before I can sew them together.
So, no Bonnie, it is not finished, unfortunately. I hope to finish it by the weekend though. I got side tracked by working on a stethoscope cover from her only to find out she can no longer wear one because of the possibility of cross contamination between patients. And it is so cute. It is royal blue with a few gators and such on it. I'll blog it as soon as it is finished...
Lynn, whatta you mean practical. You don't think Sudoku is practical. It makes you process in order to figure each one out. Good stimulus for the brain, I'd say... :)

princesspeace said...

that look nice