Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Strangest Thing

I discovered this by accident one morning as I was laying on my bed, awake and pondering. This picture was only able to be captured on a later day at just the right time of day when the sun was shining on it. The window actually looks clean as a whistle as soon as the sun moves to shade. I would assume the ghastly looking stuff that shows along with the bird wings is pollen and probably accounts for why the wings left their mark. This is actually not a window but is the sliding door in our bedroom. The bird evidently flew away after the "smack" as do most that we happen to see when it occurs. I feel so bad for them.

3 comments:

Wayne said...

That's pretty cool!

Lynn said...

I see these stick on birds that people put on big windows that are supposed to help birds see that there is a window there. I don't know if they work, but Deanne has one on her big picture window. Look for them online.

Mary said...

Hey, I'm not sure what happened, but the text for this post is all symbols. It doesn't appear that it is like that for the other readers, cause they were able to respond. Weird. I do love the pic though.